Finding out how much a Ford F350 Super Duty weighs can be quite confusing, especially when you see difference measurements listed including curb weight and gross vehicle weight (GVM).
I did a little research into some past models from 2010 through to 2017, and decided to list a few that I found, most of which are below with the gross vehicle weights (GVM), although I think some curb weight measurements might have slipped in too.
- 2010 Ford F350 Lariat Super Duty Short Bed– weighs 9,400 pounds
- 2010 Ford F350 with Base trim– weighs 9,200 pounds
- 2011 Ford F350 with Base trim– weighs 12,500 pounds
- 2011 Ford F350 Super Duty XLT– weighs 10,600 pounds
- 2011 Ford F350 Super Duty XLT SuperCab– weighs 10,500 pounds
- 2011 Ford F350 Lariat Super Duty– weighs 10,800 pounds
- 2012 Ford F350 Super Duty 2WD– weighs 7,023 pounds
- 2012 Ford F350 Gas-Powered Crew Cab Dually– weighs 11,700 pounds
- 2012 Ford F350 Diesel-Powered Regular Cab Dually– weighs 22,700 pounds
- 2016 Ford F350 XL Super Duty Standard– weighs 6,010 pounds
- 2016 Ford F350 Super Duty Lariat– weighs 7,460 pounds
- 2017 Ford F350 King Ranch Super Duty 4WD– 9,900 weighs
- 2017 Ford F350 Lariat Super Duty 4WD– 9,900 weighs
If you are thinking about buying one of these then look at the online specs and talk to the dealer before making any decision, as the weight of the Super Duty models can dramatically change how much they are going to be able to carry and handle.
You might also be interested in some online research I did around the Dually models, which are essentially the same as the Super Duty models and weigh the same in most cases, dependent on what options, trims, and extras you chose.
How Much Can an F350 Super Duty Carry and Hold?
Because there is such massive variance between the different models and years, I decided to take a closer look at a more recent model to hit the market.
Ford say that the 2017 F350 Super Duty will be able to carry a payload of 7,630 pounds, which is a large improvement on some of the previous models.
How Much Can an F350 Super Duty Tow?
With the 2017 Super Duty, it has been slated to be able to tow a massive 32,500 pounds if you are lucky enough to own the Super Duty SuperCrew 4×4 model.
This truck’s fifth-wheel towing capacity also comes in at a massive 27,500 towing weight, giving it large advantage over the 2017 F250 which can onlyhaul a still impressive 18,000 pounds.
Whichever way you look at it, and whichever year or model you own, the F350 Super Duty weight is huge compared to the lower spec models, and it gives you an exceptional towing and carry capacity.
Whilst it’s been quite hard to give you an exact measurement for how much a F350 Super Duty weighs due to the variances in the models, the above should give you some loose guidance with which to work with.
As with anything like this, I recommend that you consult your owner’s manual, plus any signage inside the truck. If all else fails, search out the individual specs on the Ford website, or contact your local dealer who will be able to give you an exact figure.
Handy Hint: I have also listed over 20 examples of other F350 weights if you don’t own a Super Duty.